What is hold redelivery for eBooks?
- When a hold becomes available, a patron will receive a notification and have 3 days to pick up the hold.
- The patron can then borrow the hold, have it delivered later, or cancel it.
- When a patron chooses to have a hold delivered later, they pick the earliest possible date to receive the title, keep their place in line, and pass the copy to the next person in line.
- After the “deliver later” date, the patron will receive the next available copy.
- If a patron takes no action during the hold pickup window, the “deliver after seven days” option will be automatically applied as a one-time courtesy.
- If the patron takes no action a second time, their hold will be canceled.
- Patrons can borrow and read titles when it’s convenient for them.
- Wait lists will move more efficiently as patrons pass books to the next person in line.
- The next patron in line will be delighted when the patron ahead says, “not now.”